Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Even new Panasonic TV lacks adequate Apple TV app

In Dec 2022, I bought a Panasonic TV, model TX-55JZ1000E. It has the Apple TV app but it seems to lack the library, so I cannot find the movies I have purchased on my account. What is the point of Apple not offering a decent version of their app even to new Panasonic TVs? I would not want to attach any external devices to the TV to watch movies I bought from Apple. Any ideas how to fix this?

[Edited by Moderator]

txjz1000e,

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 1:00 PM

Hey Arturo Corso,

We'd be happy to help out. You'd have to actually sign into the app once you've launched it on your Panasonic TV. It doesn't sound like you've yet done so. For help, check out these steps:

Sign in to the Apple TV app
1. Open the Apple TV app TV app on your smart TV or streaming device.
2. Navigate to Settings.
3. Select Accounts, then select Sign In.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to do either of the following: 
• Sign in using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (iOS 11 or later), or an Android device that supports QR scanning: Use your camera to scan the QR code that appears onscreen, then follow the instructions on your device to sign in.
• Sign in manually: Select “Sign in manually,” then follow the onscreen instructions to enter your Apple ID.

This is outlined further in the Apple TV App User Guide here: Get started - Apple Support

We hope this helps out.

Take care!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 1:00 PM in response to Arturo Corso

Hey Arturo Corso,

We'd be happy to help out. You'd have to actually sign into the app once you've launched it on your Panasonic TV. It doesn't sound like you've yet done so. For help, check out these steps:

Sign in to the Apple TV app
1. Open the Apple TV app TV app on your smart TV or streaming device.
2. Navigate to Settings.
3. Select Accounts, then select Sign In.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to do either of the following: 
• Sign in using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (iOS 11 or later), or an Android device that supports QR scanning: Use your camera to scan the QR code that appears onscreen, then follow the instructions on your device to sign in.
• Sign in manually: Select “Sign in manually,” then follow the onscreen instructions to enter your Apple ID.

This is outlined further in the Apple TV App User Guide here: Get started - Apple Support

We hope this helps out.

Take care!

Even new Panasonic TV lacks adequate Apple TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.