Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop Photos Not Showing Up on MacBook Pro After Transfer

Hi! I am unable to locate airdropped photos in downloads after they supposedly transfer from my iPhone. I initiate the drop from my phone and it says "Sent" but there is nothing in the Downloads folder or anywhere on the computer. Tried sending a photo from my husband's iPhone and I get the request on my MacBook, click on "Accept" and choose "Save to Downloads" and again nothing. I run a search on the computer and nothing. This happened suddenly with no changes or upgrades in between, it seems it was working a few days ago and now not.

I am using a MacBook Pro 16", 2021 running OS Ventura version 13.2. Both iPhones are 13 Pro Max running iOS 16.3.

Thank you for any help!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 7:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 11:21 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I did restart everything multiple times and no luck. After further investigation it turns out it is an incompatibility between Dropbox backup and the new Mac OS Ventura. SOLUTION, at least for the moment, is to uninstall Dropbox, unlink the computer from the Dropbox account, re-install Dropbox BUT disable/do not allow it to run the backup feature. If anyone else is having this problem do those steps or you can search and find information online & in the Dropbox forums.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2023 11:21 AM in response to TheLittles

Thanks for the suggestion. I did restart everything multiple times and no luck. After further investigation it turns out it is an incompatibility between Dropbox backup and the new Mac OS Ventura. SOLUTION, at least for the moment, is to uninstall Dropbox, unlink the computer from the Dropbox account, re-install Dropbox BUT disable/do not allow it to run the backup feature. If anyone else is having this problem do those steps or you can search and find information online & in the Dropbox forums.

Jan 23, 2023 7:30 PM in response to dalexandras

dalexandras Said:

"Airdrop Photos Not Showing Up on MacBook Pro After Transfer: Airdrop Photos Not Showing Up on MacBook Pro After Transfer"

-------

Finding AirDrop Photos:

A. Start with a Restart:

Have you restarted your Mac since the transfer?

B. View the Photos App:

These would have been transferred to the photos app. So, open that app, seeing if it is seens

Jan 24, 2023 2:11 PM in response to dalexandras

dalexandras Said:

"Airdrop Photos Not Showing Up on MacBook Pro After Transfer: […]If anyone else’s is having this search and find information online & in the Dropbox forums.

———-

Thank you for providing a solution.

Provide the URL of this Solution:

Do you have a link to where you found this solution. Providing it would be of some help for many others having this issue.

Airdrop Photos Not Showing Up on MacBook Pro After Transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.