Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13.2 Ventura Upgrade - Mail Crashes

After upgrading to 13.2, mail now crashes immediately after opening (1-2 seconds). Please help Apple!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 10:29 PM

6 replies

Feb 11, 2023 12:40 PM in response to mpaulson2001

I am so sorry I installed the Ventura 13.2 upgrade. It seems that any incoming email can cause this problem. I have unsubscribed from every site that was sending regular emails, but then a random email arrives and blows it up again. Each time the mail quits unexpectedly I open Finder, hit Option > Go, select Library, open the Mail folder, drag the V10 folder to my desktop, then open the PersistenceInfo.plist file in TextEdit, change all occurrences of V10 to V2, and save the file. All this just so I can open Mail and remove the latest offending message(s). THERE'S GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY. I only have 2 email accounts and both are linked to a LOT of websites so replacing the accounts is out of the question. THE BURDEN SHOULD BE ON APPLE. Ventura 13.1 didn't have this problem so why does Ventura 13.2?? FIX IT!!

13.2 Ventura Upgrade - Mail Crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.