Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't want to use apple ID on mac how can I do that without getting nagged by Apple.

Mac is constantly nagging me to log in with an apple id. I don't want to share any data with apple. I don't trust apple and I don't want to share any data with apple. How can I stop the mac from asking me to log in every ten minutes?

(PS: I am not asking for a philosophical discussion. Off-topic privacy tips are very welcome.)

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 3:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 6:24 AM

Enter your Apple ID in System Preferences > Apple ID. While you are there, UNcheck (disable) all iCloud services in the iCloud list. This will satisfy the need and you will not be sharing any data with Apple.

You need to enter your Apple ID in order to receive macOS updates and any apps or app updates from the Mac App Store (including Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iMovie, Garageband, etc.). Ditto if you want to purchase/subscribe to any music or movies from Apple.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2023 6:24 AM in response to appleiskissedup

Enter your Apple ID in System Preferences > Apple ID. While you are there, UNcheck (disable) all iCloud services in the iCloud list. This will satisfy the need and you will not be sharing any data with Apple.

You need to enter your Apple ID in order to receive macOS updates and any apps or app updates from the Mac App Store (including Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iMovie, Garageband, etc.). Ditto if you want to purchase/subscribe to any music or movies from Apple.

I don't want to use apple ID on mac how can I do that without getting nagged by Apple.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.