You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recover account password without old phone number

I am trying to sign in to a new apple device with my old apple id, but I have forgotten my password and trying to use the "forgot password" option directs me to input an old phone number that was associated with my account. The problem is, I've been using an Android device with a different phone number for years now, so I have no idea what the old phone number associated with my account is.

I also no longer have access to the apple device that was associated with my account, and have never logged into itunes on a computer with that account either. I do have access to the email my apple id is registered with, but the password recovery isn't giving me the option to retrieve it via email, it's only giving the option to input that forgotten phone number.

So how can I retrieve or reset my password without my old phone number or Apple device?

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 3:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 3:58 AM

Try and enroll in account recovery in order to regain access to your account.

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

How to recover account password without old phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.