Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ask to buy notifications not working

Ask to Buy notifications are no longer working on my iPhone. I have an iPhone 12 running iOS 16.0. My wife is the organizer of Screen Time and I am listed as a parent. The notifications are being sent to her phone but not mine. Up until about three months ago we both would get Ask to Buy notifications, and now only she is receiving them. I would like them to appear on my device as well. I have tried all troubleshooting steps I can find and have not had luck restoring this feature. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

iPhone 12

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 9:54 AM

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Tap Family. If you don't see Family, tap your name, then tap Family Sharing. If you're the family organizer, make sure that Purchase Sharing is turned on. Then you can tap a family member's name to see if Ask to Buy is turned on for their account.

If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support (IN)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2023 9:54 AM in response to sullivan232

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Tap Family. If you don't see Family, tap your name, then tap Family Sharing. If you're the family organizer, make sure that Purchase Sharing is turned on. Then you can tap a family member's name to see if Ask to Buy is turned on for their account.

If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support (IN)

Ask to buy notifications not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.