Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV app on my TV sign in issues

I am logged on yo Apple on my devices - when I try on my TV,

it will not log in even though I’m logged into the phone. I’ve tried

uninstalling but nothing- anyone else?? Any help would be most appreciated

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 5:43 AM

Some other users have also recently mentioned this error message on this forum.

I haven’t seen a broad general resolution here though.

- Please verify that the Fire TV system software is up-to-date.

- Verify that the Apple TV app is up-to-date, if not done automatically.

- Verify that your router or firewall doesn’t block Apple authentication servers, in case you made custom changes.

- Verify that your devices and router use a good DNS, like the one from your ISP, which gets updated with all the server names that Apple might use. Again, only applies if you made custom changes.

- Verify that your Fire TV has the correct date, time, and time zone, as Apple may be more strict about that than other content providers (for TLS secure connection reasons).

Else I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2023 5:43 AM in response to avni242

Some other users have also recently mentioned this error message on this forum.

I haven’t seen a broad general resolution here though.

- Please verify that the Fire TV system software is up-to-date.

- Verify that the Apple TV app is up-to-date, if not done automatically.

- Verify that your router or firewall doesn’t block Apple authentication servers, in case you made custom changes.

- Verify that your devices and router use a good DNS, like the one from your ISP, which gets updated with all the server names that Apple might use. Again, only applies if you made custom changes.

- Verify that your Fire TV has the correct date, time, and time zone, as Apple may be more strict about that than other content providers (for TLS secure connection reasons).

Else I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

AppleTV app on my TV sign in issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.