Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to unlock an iPhone not bought at a carrier?

Bought Phone at Target because my carrier had none on stock. How can I unlock my phone for use with any carrier? My carrier won't unlock it, nor will Target?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 1:45 PM

9 replies

Jan 25, 2023 8:43 AM in response to Roni Rocket

Whoever you talked to was mistaken or lied. T-Mobile can totally unlock iPhones. They even have a page dedicated to their Unlock policy. https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

Call back and tell them you need to have it unlocked. If they tell you they don't do it, then point them to their own website and ask to talk to a supervisor directly. If there's a reason they won't unlock it, such as the fact it has not been on their service for 40 days, then that's entirely different.

And then tell them, you'll file a complain on them at the Better Business Bureau for lying to you.

Jan 24, 2023 6:28 PM in response to Roni Rocket

If its locked to T-Mobile, then only they can unlock it. Nobody else can.

What probably happened is you bought a device that is under Flex Policy, which means it requires activation with a U.S carrier. At that point it becomes locked to the carrier used to activate it. I believe T-Mobile requires 40 days of use on their network before they will unlock it.

How to unlock an iPhone not bought at a carrier?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.