Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

I have a LOT of digital music that I owned long before signing up for Apple Music. I canceled my subscription and now all of my music won't play, it just asks me to join again. How do I get back to playing my music?

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 11:20 AM

Before closing your Apple Music subscription you should have downloaded any of your personal content that was only stored in the cloud, and then turned off Sync Library AKA iCloud Music Library, so that the library was only using your local content along with any purchases. Try turning off Sync Library now, unless you know there is content in the cloud that you need to reclaim. I believe you have 30 days to resubscribe before Apple reset your iCloud Music Library and it becomes unrecoverable.

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 11:20 AM in response to sfb1962

Before closing your Apple Music subscription you should have downloaded any of your personal content that was only stored in the cloud, and then turned off Sync Library AKA iCloud Music Library, so that the library was only using your local content along with any purchases. Try turning off Sync Library now, unless you know there is content in the cloud that you need to reclaim. I believe you have 30 days to resubscribe before Apple reset your iCloud Music Library and it becomes unrecoverable.

tt2

Jan 26, 2023 10:18 PM in response to sfb1962

Don’t know the real answer here, but this is precisely why I will never subscribe to Apple Music ever again. Have a ton of music on my devices. If you subscribe to Music it overrides anything you already have at random. In other words, if it is unavailable on their service it won’t allow you to play the track even if it is physically on the device. I have proven this on three separate occasions. Each time I subscribed it did the same thing. The only way I could fix it was to do a complete wipe and restore on the devices. Then sync them again. No one had a better solution, not even Apple. They’re in denial that it’s even a problem. And we’re not alone, I found several complaints about the same problem. Let me tell you, once you pass 10,000 songs syncing from scratch is time consuming.

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.