📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

Battery life is a combination of many factors, such as how much you use your device and which apps you use. Learn what to do if you think your battery is draining too quickly >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 and CarPlay Issue

When I got my new iPhone 14 and I am listening to music or a podcast in my car via CarPlay, if I then receive a phone call, all audio is routed to my iPhone, not the car. After the phone call my music or podcast will not continue playing via CarPlay - all audio is routed to my phone even though the car display shows Spotify. I must unplug the phone, reconnect it and then I can continue to listen via CarPlay until I get another phone call. My wife can use the same USB cable and plug in her iPhone 10, also using iOS 16.2, and everything works fine - never happed until I got an iPhone 14.

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 7:05 PM

1 reply

Jan 26, 2023 12:08 PM in response to SeattleJerry

Hello SeattleJerry,

If you need help with CarPlay provides some great steps that can help resolve common issues with CarPlay. We recommend trying each step individually to see if it addresses the behavior you mentioned in your post.

"Make sure that your iPhone has the latest version of iOS. If your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS, follow these steps—checking CarPlay after each step:

1. Check your connection to your CarPlay stereo:
    • If you have a wired connection, try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.
    • If you have a wireless connection, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on on your iPhone under Settings > Bluetooth. Then go to Settings > Wi-Fi, and make sure that Wi-Fi is also turned on. Tap the CarPlay network, and check that Auto-Join is turned on.
  1. If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display and select it.
  2. Restart your iPhone and your car. 
  3. Make sure that Siri is on.
  4. If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. If Content & Privacy Restrictions is on, tap Allowed Apps, and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
  5. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.
  6. Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information."

Cheers!

iPhone 14 and CarPlay Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.