Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blurry and poor quality iPhone 14 pro photos

Upgraded solely for camera. The 14 pro is consistently producing unusable images due to blur and quality. Have been to apple twice and they replaced the camera and reset all settings. Next step would be a restore which I don’t want to do as I doubt it can fix this issue.

When I take the photo, the photo preview shows a clear picture and focus is set appropriately. After the photo is taken, it jitters for 3-4 seconds as post processing happens. After this, the resulting image is a MESS!!!! of blur and lacks any clarity or detail. At first this was only apparent in photos indoors (still not low light) but now it is even happening outside in perfect sunlight.

I should add also that I am a pet sitter and use my phone for my business. It cannot take a clear shot 99.9% of the time. Two dogs sitting right next to each other results in only one being semi clear, with the other a complete blur (even though focus puts boxes around both!!) When taking a picture of a dog’s face, the eyes will be semi clear but the nose will be a total blur.

unbelievably disappointed and upset. I should receive an upgrade when I upgrade. Instead I’m wishing desperately that I hadn’t upgraded.

have reported the issue but don’t have much hope of any fix at this time.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 7:07 AM

Exactly what you’re saying with the water color effect and the side by side lack of focus. At first the issue for me was only happening inside but now happens outside too with TONS of natural light.

I firmly believe it’s a processing issue as apple replacing my camera did nothing. They want me to do a factory restore and then if that doesn’t fix it swap the phone out for a new 14 pro. I just don’t think that will be of any use because the issue seems to be built into the processing software. It decides what to do to the photo after it’s taken and completely ruins the image.

If you end up swapping can you let me know? I really don’t want to risk data loss and have to redo my entire phone if it won’t even fix the problem.

Pictures on this phone look like they were taken on a flip phone. No quality, clarity or detail. And just like your name says, my old phone models took photos 10 times better than what this model produces. Just incredible that apple has yet to address or release a fix. When I called their senior engineering per apple techs advice the engineer told me apple knows about the issue but has no idea when or if a fix will be released. Only that he “would hope so”. Unbelievable.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 7:07 AM in response to XsHadBetterCameraThan14PM

Exactly what you’re saying with the water color effect and the side by side lack of focus. At first the issue for me was only happening inside but now happens outside too with TONS of natural light.

I firmly believe it’s a processing issue as apple replacing my camera did nothing. They want me to do a factory restore and then if that doesn’t fix it swap the phone out for a new 14 pro. I just don’t think that will be of any use because the issue seems to be built into the processing software. It decides what to do to the photo after it’s taken and completely ruins the image.

If you end up swapping can you let me know? I really don’t want to risk data loss and have to redo my entire phone if it won’t even fix the problem.

Pictures on this phone look like they were taken on a flip phone. No quality, clarity or detail. And just like your name says, my old phone models took photos 10 times better than what this model produces. Just incredible that apple has yet to address or release a fix. When I called their senior engineering per apple techs advice the engineer told me apple knows about the issue but has no idea when or if a fix will be released. Only that he “would hope so”. Unbelievable.

Jan 27, 2023 1:22 PM in response to hoss1995

I could have written this post, just substitute pets with people. I cannot get two people side by side, shoulder to shoulder in focus. Or the top of someone’s head will be in focus for their hair and their face will be watercolor painting like.

I’ve chatted with customer service. Been to the Apple Store. Did the reset and it seemed to work while at the store, but has not. My next step is to return to the store and ship this one off for repair off site. I’m not hopeful based on other reviews.

there is another thread that is long about this too. YouTube pro photographer / tech reviewers are starting to make videos about it.

Blurry and poor quality iPhone 14 pro photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.