Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 losing contacts

Hello,

I am facing a problem with iPhone Contacts. Suddenly, some of the contacts I have are no longer found in the Contacts. The contacts lost are random, some are old registered contacts and others are newly registered contacts.

At the time of loss of contacts and 2 weeks back, I haven't updated the iphone nor installed any new applications. This happened suddenly and without any action.

I have tried the steps required to free some storage, update the IOS, uncheck short name in Contact, and restarting the phone. But still the contacts lost are still not displayed. Also logged into icloud to see if the contacts are still there, but did not find them.

Appreciate your support on resolving the issue.

Regards

M

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 1:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 2:44 AM

If you looked in iCloud and you use iCloud for contacts, see if you can restore them

Use iCloud.com to restore and recover iCloud information – Apple Support

Also in Settings, Contacts, are there any other accounts you might have used thst ate turned off? - only turn them on temporarily.

6 replies

Jan 25, 2023 5:58 AM in response to LD150

Hello LD,

Thanks for the tip, this was helpful. I had a problem with my mailbox, and it seems that the contacts were syncing to the outlook mailbox account and not the icloud account. I have a copy of my old mailbox and the contacts are in there, can you help how to import them.

On another note, can you also advise how to make the default sync go to Icloud, I rely on icloud for all phone related material.

Appreciate your support.

Thanks,

M

Jan 25, 2023 6:50 AM in response to m-ymn

The general method is to use a computer browser to sign into the old account, export them to .csv file then import to the "to" account

Whichever accounts you turn on in Settings, Contacts, Accounts will sync whatever is turned on and I advise only turning on one except for Mail.

In your mail settings you can select the default "send from" account

Jan 25, 2023 10:25 AM in response to LD150

Thanks for the reply. I did not have to import them through CSV.

I copied the contacts from my old mailbox to the new mailbox, and my phone synched and had the contacts back.

Yet, they did not sync on icloud (i checked in the icloud account from my browser). Need to see how to push the contacts on my iphone to sync to icloud.

Thanks for your answers and support.

Iphone 11 losing contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.