Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t text on my iMessage help me out

I can’t text on my iMessage, help me out

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 9:17 AM

Go into your settings app. Scroll down until you see messages and tap that to open it.

First tap sending receive and check to make sure that it's set on your number... you should see your phone number there, & make sure there's a Blue check mark next to it... Or if you're using your email address or whatever it is that you prefer, make sure there's a blue check mark next to it but if you're using your phone you're probably wanting to use your phone number so make sure there's a blue check mark next to it by tapping it if theres not. You can also put check marks next to whatever other methods you want to use to be able two send your messages.

After that turn off imessage and then turn it back on.... So basically just tap the switch so that it's not green anymore and then tap it again so that it's green again. If it wasn't turned on to begin with then just make sure it's turned on. Then Go to cellular and make sure that you're cellular data is turned on. If you're using wifi, make sure that's turned on. Then shut your phone off and restart it. Then try Sending messages again it again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 9:17 AM in response to razmee209

Go into your settings app. Scroll down until you see messages and tap that to open it.

First tap sending receive and check to make sure that it's set on your number... you should see your phone number there, & make sure there's a Blue check mark next to it... Or if you're using your email address or whatever it is that you prefer, make sure there's a blue check mark next to it but if you're using your phone you're probably wanting to use your phone number so make sure there's a blue check mark next to it by tapping it if theres not. You can also put check marks next to whatever other methods you want to use to be able two send your messages.

After that turn off imessage and then turn it back on.... So basically just tap the switch so that it's not green anymore and then tap it again so that it's green again. If it wasn't turned on to begin with then just make sure it's turned on. Then Go to cellular and make sure that you're cellular data is turned on. If you're using wifi, make sure that's turned on. Then shut your phone off and restart it. Then try Sending messages again it again.

I can’t text on my iMessage help me out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.