Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac Pro keeps on going onto a blank screen every minute or so while using.

Why does my Mac Pro keep on powering off whilst in use?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 6:46 AM

Mac Pro, or MacBook Pro. Laptops go off to conserve energy and energy saver/ power settings on their display.

Mac Pro desktops the screen may not receive a signal from the computer and need to be reconnected with a better cable.

Sophisticated tasks may overheat the machine and cause the machine to completely power off, requiring a restart from the power button. If that happens, and the machine is under warranty, call AppleCare to have the machine's internals investigated. But generally that problem only happens while actually acting on the computer itself. inactivity otherwise is a good reason for powering off.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 6:46 AM in response to Sim218

Mac Pro, or MacBook Pro. Laptops go off to conserve energy and energy saver/ power settings on their display.

Mac Pro desktops the screen may not receive a signal from the computer and need to be reconnected with a better cable.

Sophisticated tasks may overheat the machine and cause the machine to completely power off, requiring a restart from the power button. If that happens, and the machine is under warranty, call AppleCare to have the machine's internals investigated. But generally that problem only happens while actually acting on the computer itself. inactivity otherwise is a good reason for powering off.

My Mac Pro keeps on going onto a blank screen every minute or so while using.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.