Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Settings, Calendar shows no “Preferred Language” option on one of my devices.

The language of my calendar is stuck in German and there is no preferred language option on the device to change it unlike all my other devices. Every other app is in English and my regional settings are English.

iPhone SE (Gen 3)

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 9:58 AM

I figured out how to solve the problem. If you have only one language setup inside Settings, General, Language & Region you get no “Preferred Language” option on any apps including calendar, safari, mail etc. So what I did was add a random language, then I was able to access the Preferred Language option in calendar which remarkably said English even though it actually showed German, and then I selected my new random language, then I went back to English, then it worked, so then I went back to Settings, General, Language & Region, and deleted my random language.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2023 9:58 AM in response to Grace2211

I figured out how to solve the problem. If you have only one language setup inside Settings, General, Language & Region you get no “Preferred Language” option on any apps including calendar, safari, mail etc. So what I did was add a random language, then I was able to access the Preferred Language option in calendar which remarkably said English even though it actually showed German, and then I selected my new random language, then I went back to English, then it worked, so then I went back to Settings, General, Language & Region, and deleted my random language.

Jan 27, 2023 9:04 AM in response to wmhooper

Wmhooper,

Got it! We'd like to rule out the software being the root cause of the issue. To do so, be sure that you're running the latest software version on your iPhone. Completing this step may help to correct this behavior with the Settings app:

"Update your iPhone or iPad wirelessly

1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
  2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
  3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
  4. If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.

The Settings app on iPhone showing options to update to iOS 15.7 or iOS 16.

5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do."

More details here: Update your iPhone or iPad

Take care!

Jan 26, 2023 5:01 PM in response to wmhooper

Hello wmhooper,

Verify there aren't any restrictions set up which can prevent these kinds of changes from appearing: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1. Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
2. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. If asked, enter your passcode.
3. Tap Under Privacy, then choose the settings that you want to restrict.

Otherwise, try restarting your iPhone which can refresh Settings: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

1. Press and hold the side button until the power-off slider appears.
""

2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.

Thanks, and enjoy your day!

Settings, Calendar shows no “Preferred Language” option on one of my devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.