Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lockscreen Wallpaper

No matter what I change my desktop wallpaper to, my lockscreen wallpaper doesn't change. I have tried going to the Desktop Pictures folder in Library/Caches but each time, the lockscreen.png file automatically updated the image on it's own. It's just not what is actually being displayed on the lockscreen wallpaper. I have tried using apple wallpapers and custom photos but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Please help.

also the device listed underneath is wrong, it should be macbook pro.

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 9:36 AM

applestudentlearning wrote:

No matter what I change my desktop wallpaper to, my lockscreen wallpaper doesn't change. I have tried going to the Desktop Pictures folder in Library/Caches but each time, the lockscreen.png file automatically updated the image on it's own. It's just not what is actually being displayed on the lockscreen wallpaper. I have tried using apple wallpapers and custom photos but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Please help.

You can make the boot screen match your logged in User account wallpaper yes...

• if you are the only user
  • if FileVault is OFF
  • Guest user OFF
  • Automatic log-in OFF
  • Display shows—> List of user in Ventura >System Settings>Lock Screen>List of user

under these conditions boot up screen will match your logged in desktop wallpaper

ref: Change Wallpaper settings on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 9:36 AM in response to applestudentlearning

applestudentlearning wrote:

You can make the boot screen match your logged in User account wallpaper yes...

• if you are the only user
  • if FileVault is OFF
  • Guest user OFF
  • Automatic log-in OFF
  • Display shows—> List of user in Ventura >System Settings>Lock Screen>List of user

under these conditions boot up screen will match your logged in desktop wallpaper

ref: Change Wallpaper settings on Mac - Apple Support

Lockscreen Wallpaper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.