Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On but black screen

IPhone X on but black screen. Tried the restart sequence, vol. up, vol. down, side button. Nothing.

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 9:21 PM

Orchardworker Said:

"On but black screen: IPhone X on but black screen. Tried the restart sequence, vol. up, vol. down, side button. Nothing."

-------

Troubleshooting a Black iPhone Screen:

I'd say the iPhone is stuck in a boot loop.  So, refer to my user tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

No success?...

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Report this issue to Apple. It occurred after an update installation --something they should be made aware of. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when is issue began, and how you have troubleshot t it thus far. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2023 9:21 PM in response to Orchardworker

Orchardworker Said:

"On but black screen: IPhone X on but black screen. Tried the restart sequence, vol. up, vol. down, side button. Nothing."

-------

Troubleshooting a Black iPhone Screen:

I'd say the iPhone is stuck in a boot loop.  So, refer to my user tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

No success?...

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Report this issue to Apple. It occurred after an update installation --something they should be made aware of. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when is issue began, and how you have troubleshot t it thus far. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Jan 26, 2023 8:59 PM in response to Orchardworker

Orchardworker ; iPhone Black Screen ◾️

If your screen is black or frozen

Follow the steps for your device.

On your iPhone 8 or later, including iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation)

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
  4. If your phone doesn't turn on, follow these steps to check your hardware and charge your phone. You might need to charge for up to an hour.
  5. If your phone still doesn't turn on, contact Apple Support.

It's likely that the phone needs to charge … for a long period of time .

On but black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.