Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods 3rd Generation sound issue

When my AirPods start to play any form of audio, for the first 1-5 seconds the left airpod has far more bass than the right and then the audio resumes to normal afterwards. My AirPods (3rd gen) are only a week old and it happens every time I begin listening to anything after I’ve paused the audio - does this happen for anyone else?

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 12:25 PM

Hello RobertC252,

My first suggestion would be to contact Apple Support about this issue:

Contact - Official Apple Support

Because you have had your AirPods (3rd generation) for just a week, you can also return your AirPods during a 14-day period from when you received them (this only applies to products purchased directly from Apple):

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

• To start the return process, sign in to your Order Listing page with your Apple ID and password.
  • Select the item you want to return and you will be brought to the order details page.
  • Choose the "Start a Return" link below the selected item and select "Get Started."
  • Confirm the item that you want to return and select "Initiate Your Return."
  • After reading the instructions, choose the "Print Return Label" button, and print out the required return labels.
  • You can then schedule a pickup with the carrier or drop off your package at any of the carrier's specific locations.
  • Apple will provide a refund as long as they find the product in reasonably good condition.

Also, check out this helpful article on how to troubleshoot sound issues with your AirPods:

If the sound from your wireless headphones cuts out or is distorted - Apple Support

I hope this helps. Have a nice day.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 12:25 PM in response to RobertC252

Hello RobertC252,

My first suggestion would be to contact Apple Support about this issue:

Contact - Official Apple Support

Because you have had your AirPods (3rd generation) for just a week, you can also return your AirPods during a 14-day period from when you received them (this only applies to products purchased directly from Apple):

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

• To start the return process, sign in to your Order Listing page with your Apple ID and password.
  • Select the item you want to return and you will be brought to the order details page.
  • Choose the "Start a Return" link below the selected item and select "Get Started."
  • Confirm the item that you want to return and select "Initiate Your Return."
  • After reading the instructions, choose the "Print Return Label" button, and print out the required return labels.
  • You can then schedule a pickup with the carrier or drop off your package at any of the carrier's specific locations.
  • Apple will provide a refund as long as they find the product in reasonably good condition.

Also, check out this helpful article on how to troubleshoot sound issues with your AirPods:

If the sound from your wireless headphones cuts out or is distorted - Apple Support

I hope this helps. Have a nice day.

AirPods 3rd Generation sound issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.