Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How I can find my recovery key for my iPad?

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 11:33 AM

It isn't for your iPad as such, it is for your Apple ID.

I'll assume you are using two-factor authentication for security. A recovery key is simply a 28 digit code that you write down and store in a safe place. In that regard it is wherever you may keep such a thing. You can generate a new recovery key from Settings or System Preferences on a trusted device signed in with your Apple ID. This support article provides details about how to do this, as well as other information about two-factor recovery keys: How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 11:33 AM in response to enma50

It isn't for your iPad as such, it is for your Apple ID.

I'll assume you are using two-factor authentication for security. A recovery key is simply a 28 digit code that you write down and store in a safe place. In that regard it is wherever you may keep such a thing. You can generate a new recovery key from Settings or System Preferences on a trusted device signed in with your Apple ID. This support article provides details about how to do this, as well as other information about two-factor recovery keys: How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.