Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Related Article: If you can't add a card to Apple Wallet to use with Apple Pay

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just want to use wallet for my boarding passes but now it seems you have to activate Apple Pay - is there a way around this?

I just want to use wallet for my boarding passes but now it seems you have to activate Apple Pay - is there a way around this?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 12:07 PM

6 replies

Jan 27, 2023 2:07 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

so in other words, in the past, I clicked on the boarding pass and there was an option to add it to wallet. Now i get an error message- regardless of the airlines (so it is not an airlines issue). The wallet application appears to also have changed. Previously when I clicked on it, it showed my boarding passes- now it only shows a screen which allows me to add a card. There is no other option- add a card is the only one.As I do not want to add a card, there is no possibility now to do anything with the application. It appears as if it went from being a Wallet for boarding passes to a Wallet for Payment (and perhaps boarding passes- that i do not know because I have not added a card and been able to proceed). Hope I am clearer now.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.