Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change the default notification sound from tri-tone to something else on iPhone 11

I have one app that gives me the default, tri-tone notification sound. It is imperative that I respond to this particular app, but it doesn't provide for optional sounds. So I want to change all the sounds I can away from the tri-tone default. I can change Ring Tone, Text Tone, etc down to Reminder Alerts. but not the default alert sound for everything else. How can I do that on my iPhone 11?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 7:19 AM

Thanks, but I am not talking about those apps but the default, Tri-tone sound that the system uses for all other apps that do not have their own notification sound settings.

3 replies

Jan 27, 2023 2:41 PM in response to jacksonpemberton

Greetings jacksonpemberton, 

The sounds that are customizable through the operating system can be changed in Settings > Sounds & Haptics. If you’re not able to change the sound there then it may be an option to turn off sound notifications for those apps that are using the sound or, perhaps setting up a custom vibration pattern to accompany the sound for that one specific app would be useful. This would be reliant upon you feeling or hearing the vibration of course. 

Change iPhone sounds and vibrations 

Set sound and vibration options

1. Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics.
2. To set the volume for all sounds, drag the slider below Ringtone and Alert Volume.
3. To set the tones and vibration patterns for sounds, tap a sound type, such as ringtone or text tone.
4. Do any of the following:
• Choose a tone (scroll to see them all).
• Ringtones play for incoming calls, clock alarms, and the clock timer; text tones are used for text messages, new voicemail, and other alerts.
• Tap Vibration, then choose a vibration pattern, or tap Create New Vibration to create your own.

You can also change the sounds iPhone plays for certain people. Go to Contacts, tap a person’s name, tap Edit, then choose a ringtone and text tone.

Thanks. 

Jan 28, 2023 12:55 PM in response to jacksonpemberton

Hi jacksonpemberton,

In order to change the notification sounds for apps not listed under Settings > Sounds & Haptics, we would recommend checking the settings within the apps themselves to see if this can be done. The app developer would also be best equipped to look into your available options. Use this to reach out: How to contact an app developer

If this is something you'd like to see changed in the future, then we would encourage you to submit your feedback about this here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Cheers!

How to change the default notification sound from tri-tone to something else on iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.