Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen AirPods

Hi, my AirPods Pro were stolen and i know their location due to Find My, but I can do nothing to get them back. I was at the Police station and they cannot do anything. I am sure the thief paired my AirPods with his/hers/other gender iPhone. Would it be possible to help me - find whose iPhone it is? I will do anything to find them back.

I have Apple Care but that will not help I think...

Serial number: GX***KKT

It was bought by my husband: ***@me.com

Thank you in advance for any information.

Best

Kristyna G.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 4:02 PM

Hello kristynagolecka,

The thief who stole your AirPods has the ability to reset them and maybe even use them, but the thief can't set up your AirPods with his/her Apple ID because of Apple's security measures.

First of all, mark your AirPods as lost in Find My. This will prevent them from being used by the thief and can provide your contact info (if desired) on the iPhone that the AirPods are connected to:

Find your lost AirPods - Apple Support

Hopefully, if the thief abandons your AirPods, someone will find them and contact you based on the information you provide by turning on Lost Mode. Other than this it seems you have done all you can. If you need any more help, let me know.

Have a nice day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 4:02 PM in response to kristynagolecka

Hello kristynagolecka,

The thief who stole your AirPods has the ability to reset them and maybe even use them, but the thief can't set up your AirPods with his/her Apple ID because of Apple's security measures.

First of all, mark your AirPods as lost in Find My. This will prevent them from being used by the thief and can provide your contact info (if desired) on the iPhone that the AirPods are connected to:

Find your lost AirPods - Apple Support

Hopefully, if the thief abandons your AirPods, someone will find them and contact you based on the information you provide by turning on Lost Mode. Other than this it seems you have done all you can. If you need any more help, let me know.

Have a nice day.

Stolen AirPods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.