Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sign out of Apple ID and when trying to erase to trade in phone, it says to enter a password and I cannot get a password to work.

My son got a new phone. We are having trouble erasing the phone. He's unable to sign out of his Apple ID on the old phone because it says it is "not available due to restrictions." Also, when trying to erase his old phone, it requires a screen time passcode, and we cannot get a passcode to work. I have taken off the screen time passcode on my phone, but it is still not working.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 3:47 PM

Your son will need to follow the steps in the Apple Support document to erase / reset the phone. It's the same process that would be used if the phone's passcode was forgotten. Please follow the instructions very carefully. The process is easier on a Mac than on a PC, but users can download the software that they need if they have a PC.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Skip the very last step in the instructions, since they would be used if you were going to set up the phone again, which you don't need to do.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 3:47 PM in response to Grey5455

Your son will need to follow the steps in the Apple Support document to erase / reset the phone. It's the same process that would be used if the phone's passcode was forgotten. Please follow the instructions very carefully. The process is easier on a Mac than on a PC, but users can download the software that they need if they have a PC.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Skip the very last step in the instructions, since they would be used if you were going to set up the phone again, which you don't need to do.

Cannot sign out of Apple ID and when trying to erase to trade in phone, it says to enter a password and I cannot get a password to work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.