Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop settings asking me to set up apple pay, and remove the associated red dot?

I don’t use apple pay and do not want it.

My card was automatically registered with apple pay when I bought my ipad but became out of date years ago. A couple of months ago, apple messaged me saying that my apple pay had been suspended due to suspicious activity, but I wasn’t bothered because the card was out of date.

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 1:52 PM

Thanks for your reply, but yesterday I decided to go into settings, I clicked on the “setup apple pay”, and I had the option of “setup later” so I clicked on that and it got rid of the red dot. Later I checked on what card was registered and the page was blank, so I assume that there is no card associated with my account, consequently I am happy now.

However, I will keep a copy of your advice so that I can remove my card after the next time I buy a Mac product.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 1:52 PM in response to J_Johnnyboy

Thanks for your reply, but yesterday I decided to go into settings, I clicked on the “setup apple pay”, and I had the option of “setup later” so I clicked on that and it got rid of the red dot. Later I checked on what card was registered and the page was blank, so I assume that there is no card associated with my account, consequently I am happy now.

However, I will keep a copy of your advice so that I can remove my card after the next time I buy a Mac product.

Jan 28, 2023 1:20 PM in response to exlondoner

Hi exlondoner,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you'd like to stop using Apple Pay.

We're happy to assist.

We recommend checking out the steps in the section titled "Remove a card from Apple Wallet" from the article here: Change or remove the payment cards that you use with Apple Pay

You can remove a debit or credit card from your device.

How to remove a payment card on your iPhone or iPad
1) In the Wallet app, tap the card that you want to remove.
2) Tap the More button More button, then tap Card Details the card details icon.*
3) Scroll down and tap Remove This Card.

* In iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 and earlier, you don't see the option to tap Card Details.

We recommend the steps above because they directly address the issue you initially posted: you'd like to stop using Apply Pay.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have other questions or need additional support.  

Cheers!

How to stop settings asking me to set up apple pay, and remove the associated red dot?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.