Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv replacement

Getting a new Apple TV to replace the older version in my living room. Question- do I need to rename the new one or can i simply continue using the old name (living room) from my previous device?

Simple enough, eh?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 6:47 AM

You can do whatever you want. If you are removing the old one entirely, there's no reason you can't keep the same name.

If not, then it may get confusing when trying to airplay or connect to it from an iPhone or iPad for playback or remote control, as you'll have two devices with the same name listed, and no way to tell them apart.

At the end of the day, it's entirely up to you how you name your devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2023 6:47 AM in response to SouthwestDude

You can do whatever you want. If you are removing the old one entirely, there's no reason you can't keep the same name.

If not, then it may get confusing when trying to airplay or connect to it from an iPhone or iPad for playback or remote control, as you'll have two devices with the same name listed, and no way to tell them apart.

At the end of the day, it's entirely up to you how you name your devices.

apple tv replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.