Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

backup to one drive

how can I set up a work Mac computer to backup to one drive automatically? time machine will not let me chose one drive as a backup disc . .. .

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 7:50 AM

5 replies

Jan 26, 2023 8:50 AM in response to Phil0124

so at the very basic, i hope to back up all my work photos, show in mac photos app, but actually stored somewhere else to onedrive. Do you know where to find the actual photos on mac to copy them all over to onedrive? i'm giving up on trying to sync my desktop to onedrive. :(

thank you very very much

on a work desktop, and dont have access to a work icloud account; and do not want all these photos on my personal icloud account!

Jan 26, 2023 10:51 AM in response to bgbg4us

To find your actual pictures – to see where iPhotoPhotos has stored your image files – first open finder, and in the “Pictures” folder find the ‘file’ that is called ...

Photos Library.photoslibrary

Now, control-click (hold down the ‘control’ key while clicking) on the Photos Library.photoslibrary file:

There in Finder look in the Masters folder for Yearly & Monthly Pics.

Jan 26, 2023 2:52 PM in response to bgbg4us

The Apple Photos App stores photos in a compressed database file usually named Photos Library.photoslibrary inside the Pictures folder in your user profile.

You cannot transfer the database folder directly to OneDrive, as it requires a HFS+ or APFS formatted volume on your hard drive to operate.

You can export your photos from the Photos app into any folder you wish, including one on OneDrive by using the Export feature in the Photos' File Menu.

Its not recommended to access he Photos Library.photoslibrary file directly as you can mess up the database and corrupt it irrecoverably. It's better to simply use the Export Feature in the Photos app to extract any photos you want out of that.

backup to one drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.