Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My locked notes

My locked notes is asking for a password. It never did before. I used facial recognition. Now how can I get into my locked notes?

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 9:17 AM

You had to set a password for your encrypted notes. Faceid is supplemental to the password. If it is now requiring the password to open them, the only option is for you to remember the password you used in the first place.

You can change the password for encrypted notes you create going forward but you can not change the password on the existing notes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2023 9:17 AM in response to Chell0630

You had to set a password for your encrypted notes. Faceid is supplemental to the password. If it is now requiring the password to open them, the only option is for you to remember the password you used in the first place.

You can change the password for encrypted notes you create going forward but you can not change the password on the existing notes.

My locked notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.