Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change sounds and haptics for medication reminders

I have an Apple Watch Series 5 and I am on a medical treatment with medicines that are vital to my health. I have been relying on the new Medications program in the Health app and I've noticed that from time to time the reminders sound and haptic is just not enough to fulfill the job of reminding to take the medicine on time. It's just a silent, quite useless ping that in many occasions is insufficient. It needs to be more intense and has to have the option to be something like a loud alarm like in the Clock app.

Apple, please make it possible and update the Medications App to have the possibility to modify/personalize the sounds/haptics for this matter. The health of your users depends on it...

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 9

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 10:24 AM

The closest that I could come to it is by going into my phone notifications and then into Health, but there is only an on or off toggle, not sound style.

Of course, these settings pertain to the phone notifications and you can only get notifications on one device, NOT both.

With all of that being said, you can change the Haptics off your watch by going here:

1. Open the Watch app on your phone

2 Go into Sounds and Haptics

3 Change Haptics to "Prominent"

Hopefully this will help you out!

You could also submit your idea to Apple:

Feedback - Watch - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2023 10:24 AM in response to Atlixco

The closest that I could come to it is by going into my phone notifications and then into Health, but there is only an on or off toggle, not sound style.

Of course, these settings pertain to the phone notifications and you can only get notifications on one device, NOT both.

With all of that being said, you can change the Haptics off your watch by going here:

1. Open the Watch app on your phone

2 Go into Sounds and Haptics

3 Change Haptics to "Prominent"

Hopefully this will help you out!

You could also submit your idea to Apple:

Feedback - Watch - Apple

Change sounds and haptics for medication reminders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.