Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add contacts from recents?

I've searched Google, but like it was with my old Android phone, the suggestions given for my new iPhone 12 don't work.

1. I click "CONTACTS" with the Phone app.
  2. I click the + sign at the top right corner.
  3. Then I asked to add a lot of the person's info, but never am I given the opportunity from selecting a new number from a recent caller's number.

Please tell me iPhones are NOT like the Android phones with many different versions of the Android software out there.

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 10:53 AM

Hey, I think I can help you with that.

Open the Phone app. Tap Recent at the bottom. Find the phone number you want to save, then press and hold the on it. A pop up menu appears. Select "Create new Contact" - now you can fill in the name and other information and finally tap OK.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2023 10:53 AM in response to SSL-ADT

Hey, I think I can help you with that.

Open the Phone app. Tap Recent at the bottom. Find the phone number you want to save, then press and hold the on it. A pop up menu appears. Select "Create new Contact" - now you can fill in the name and other information and finally tap OK.

How to add contacts from recents?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.