Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iPad as a phone and adjusting ring volume and other notifications

For my iPad Mini 6, I've been searching for a way to customize Calls from iPhone, specifically to mute the ringer on the iPad, but it doesn't seem possible. I've turned off all notifications for FaceTime on the iPad, but no luck! When I get a call on my iPhone (which I often have set to silent), my iPad starting ringing – and I can't even edit that to change the ringer. Any advice is greatly appreciated …thanks!

P.S., the Mini 6 has cellular capability but I have not activated it, so for now it's only on home wifi.

iPad mini 6 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 5:31 PM

Hi jamienyc1,

You have a few options to have calls muted when coming in. You can set the alert volume low and then disable "Change With buttons." This will keep the volume buttons from changing the alert volume.

"Go to Settings  > Sounds, then turn off Change with Buttons.

Note: To limit the maximum headset volume, go to Settings > Music > Volume Limit, then drag the slider to set the maximum volume."

You could also use Focus to silence calls, alerts, and notifications.

Both of these options are mentioned here: Adjust the volume on iPad – Apple Support

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 5:31 PM in response to jamienyc1

Hi jamienyc1,

You have a few options to have calls muted when coming in. You can set the alert volume low and then disable "Change With buttons." This will keep the volume buttons from changing the alert volume.

"Go to Settings  > Sounds, then turn off Change with Buttons.

Note: To limit the maximum headset volume, go to Settings > Music > Volume Limit, then drag the slider to set the maximum volume."

You could also use Focus to silence calls, alerts, and notifications.

Both of these options are mentioned here: Adjust the volume on iPad – Apple Support

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Using iPad as a phone and adjusting ring volume and other notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.