Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes is suddenly asking for credit card

I always use a gift card to purchase music. I used my gift card a month ago to purchase music. Today, iTunes is asking me to add a credit card even though I have close to $100 gift card balance.

A gift card is a valid payment and shouldn’t be asking me for a credit card.

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Why is iTunes asking for a credit card now?

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 7:25 PM

Without detailed knowledge of what you own and do, it is hard to give you a simple answer.

Having a subscription, being the Organizer in a Family sharing plan, owing money for a past purchase are among the reasons, including What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance - Apple Support

"Some purchases might require that you have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2023 7:25 PM in response to -a-g-

Without detailed knowledge of what you own and do, it is hard to give you a simple answer.

Having a subscription, being the Organizer in a Family sharing plan, owing money for a past purchase are among the reasons, including What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance - Apple Support

"Some purchases might require that you have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase."

iTunes is suddenly asking for credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.