Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is AppleCare for a watch transferable?

Is AppleCare+ for a watch transferable if I resell mine?

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 10:35 AM

You should have the seller contact AppleCare Plan Administration if they want to transfer the plan to you. And it does matter if the plan is fully paid for or on a month to month payment basis.

Also, before you buy this watch, don't be a victim as so many who come here daily are and make sure the seller does everything required in this link to prepare the watch appropriately for you as the next user --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

About buying used wearables, you might want to read this as well --> https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250001038

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2023 10:35 AM in response to hed1117

You should have the seller contact AppleCare Plan Administration if they want to transfer the plan to you. And it does matter if the plan is fully paid for or on a month to month payment basis.

Also, before you buy this watch, don't be a victim as so many who come here daily are and make sure the seller does everything required in this link to prepare the watch appropriately for you as the next user --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

About buying used wearables, you might want to read this as well --> https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250001038

Jan 27, 2023 10:27 AM in response to ghr165

Thank you but I'm asking as a potential buyer of an Apple watch with an active 2-year AppleCare+ plan.

I want to know if I need to have the seller contact Apple Support as I did in a similar situation when I purchased an M1 MBP last year.

The difference being that that was a $3000 computer and this is a $200-$300 used watch...

Is AppleCare for a watch transferable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.