Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shattered back of iPhone 14 pro

Anyone else have an issue with a shattered back of a brand new iPhone 14 Pro? I just had my phone activated on 9 January and of course the guy that signed me up for assured me I would have insurance didn’t add that insurance onto my brand new phone. I’ve never gone without insurance in my life and of course, in one case I needed it ever I don’t have it. Dropped it off of my lap from a distance of about 2 feet with a case and it’s completely shattered.

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 8:07 PM

I had the back replaced which was essentially the entire phone. Sadly I wasn’t able to recover much of my phones information regardless of the backups. My point to this entire question was to find out how often these brand new phones are shattering and why. It’s insane that a phone this expensive should be so fragile. Took me about 10 hours and a lot of time and effort to get this issue taken care of because we all know switching out a phone isn’t simple.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2023 8:07 PM in response to andriel360

I had the back replaced which was essentially the entire phone. Sadly I wasn’t able to recover much of my phones information regardless of the backups. My point to this entire question was to find out how often these brand new phones are shattering and why. It’s insane that a phone this expensive should be so fragile. Took me about 10 hours and a lot of time and effort to get this issue taken care of because we all know switching out a phone isn’t simple.

Feb 25, 2023 1:52 PM in response to lobsterghost1

It was actually an error on Verizon’s part as they were supposed to sign me up for insurance and didn’t. Luckily the person at the Apple Store gave me a break and told me about Apple car plus, so I signed up and came back in two days and it was fixed. I know all about having insurance which is why I would never have a phone without it. However now I know Apple care plus is a better option as they don’t have limits on replacement and it’s much cheaper and there’s no deductible. As far as my data Apple has to go in and re-activate something as Verizon said it’s not their issue I just haven’t had time to sit on another customer service call. What is missing as far as I can tell right now is all of my text messages prior to 2/5, when the back of my phone was replaced. The original reason for my post was that I just think the phones should be made better for what we are paying for them.

Shattered back of iPhone 14 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.