Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot my password to open my iPad as always use thumb print

Have forgotten my password to open my iPad as I always use my fingerprint but it’s asking for my password is there anyway I can sort it please help

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 9:45 AM

There is an Apple article that explains what to do if you have forgotten an iPhone or iPad passcode. Click on the following link: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

If that option is not available, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPad passcode - Apple Support

Also note that the passcode rather than the fingerprint is required every time after you power an iPad off and back on.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2023 9:45 AM in response to Trigger11

There is an Apple article that explains what to do if you have forgotten an iPhone or iPad passcode. Click on the following link: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

If that option is not available, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPad passcode - Apple Support

Also note that the passcode rather than the fingerprint is required every time after you power an iPad off and back on.

Forgot my password to open my iPad as always use thumb print

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.