Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m interested in purchasing a new Mac mini - is it possible to use my old iMac 27” (2015) as a display?

I’m interested in purchasing a new Mac mini - is it possible to use my old iMac 27” (2015) as a display?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 9:53 AM

No. The mini mac OS will be too new, and the iMac model too new.

Use your iMac as a display with Target Display Mode - Apple Support - Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support -. HOWEVER, this document is "archived" which means this feature is no longer supported on the new line of Macs and operating system versions that are currently supported by Apple. The document applies only if all system versions to be used date from 2019 or earlier and the display models used are iMacs late 2009-Mid 2014

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2023 9:53 AM in response to Amadeus01

No. The mini mac OS will be too new, and the iMac model too new.

Use your iMac as a display with Target Display Mode - Apple Support - Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support -. HOWEVER, this document is "archived" which means this feature is no longer supported on the new line of Macs and operating system versions that are currently supported by Apple. The document applies only if all system versions to be used date from 2019 or earlier and the display models used are iMacs late 2009-Mid 2014

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.