Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Limit IP address tracking issue with DNS

The "new" Limit IP address tracking is fun and all, but it seems to be a bit obscure. I ran into an issue where I was unable to resolve internal domain name. It seems like when this option is enabled, DNS trafic is not sent to the DNS server assigned by DHCP.

I can understand that it helps in a privacy matter, but I think that resolution for local "Search Domain" should continue going to the DNS server assigned by DHCP.

Thoughts ?

MacBook Air (M2)

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 11:01 AM

1 reply

Feb 1, 2023 6:39 AM in response to dereksky42

dereksky42 wrote:

The "new" Limit IP address tracking is fun and all, but it seems to be a bit obscure. I ran into an issue where I was unable to resolve internal domain name. It seems like when this option is enabled, DNS trafic is not sent to the DNS server assigned by DHCP.
I can understand that it helps in a privacy matter, but I think that resolution for local "Search Domain" should continue going to the DNS server assigned by DHCP.

Thoughts ?

Turn it off and compare your results. I would use what works, keep it simple.

You can submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Limit IP address tracking issue with DNS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.