Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set Pages to open with ruler visible by default

I thought I would revisit this since a year has passed without a response or solution, but I use the rulers in every document and cannot figure out how to set my templates to default to "show rulers." Though this does not take much effort to change every time I start or open a document, but it does not make any sense to me why this appears to not be an option. Can someone tell me if this is possible and how to accomplish it. If it is not possible, why?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 10:11 PM

"Can someone tell me if this is possible and how to accomplish it.

This is not possible with the current (and previous) versions of Pages.

If it is not possible, why?"

It is not possible because the feature is not written into the Pages application.

Further to that, 'why' questions are beyond the scope of these User to User communities.

You can use the Provide Pages Feedback menu item in the Pages menu to send a Feature Request to Apple asking for this feature to be added. Feedback messages go directly to Apple, and are read. Not all are acted upon.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2023 10:11 PM in response to Rmandree

"Can someone tell me if this is possible and how to accomplish it.

This is not possible with the current (and previous) versions of Pages.

If it is not possible, why?"

It is not possible because the feature is not written into the Pages application.

Further to that, 'why' questions are beyond the scope of these User to User communities.

You can use the Provide Pages Feedback menu item in the Pages menu to send a Feature Request to Apple asking for this feature to be added. Feedback messages go directly to Apple, and are read. Not all are acted upon.

Regards,

Barry

Set Pages to open with ruler visible by default

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.