Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri volunteers repeatedly to help without being asked.

My Apple Watch (Model MWW12LL/A) Siri repeatedly volunteers to find information when I am conversing with others but did not invoke Siri. This suggests my Apple Watch is listening to my conversations.

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 11:58 AM

If you have the setting listen for "Hey Siri" turned on on your Apple Watch in Settings > Siri, Siri is indeed listening. And if when you are speaking to people within earshot of your Apple Watch, if you say something which comes to close to "hey Siri" Siri may respond.

If you don't want Siri to be listening for "Hey Siri" turn that off in settings. There are other ways to wake Siri on your Apple Watch, such as press and hold the digital crown.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2023 11:58 AM in response to SciProf

If you have the setting listen for "Hey Siri" turned on on your Apple Watch in Settings > Siri, Siri is indeed listening. And if when you are speaking to people within earshot of your Apple Watch, if you say something which comes to close to "hey Siri" Siri may respond.

If you don't want Siri to be listening for "Hey Siri" turn that off in settings. There are other ways to wake Siri on your Apple Watch, such as press and hold the digital crown.

Siri volunteers repeatedly to help without being asked.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.