Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does sync>Library exist in macOS Monterey or if you are just using MUSIC to store your own songs?

I'm not seeing any of the SYNC Library steps that are shown under "how to sync music." I'm running Monterey OS. The iPhone and MacMini (2014) are, in theory, using the same apple id. I cannot upgrade my MacMini to Ventura however because apparently I can't. The iPhone and iPad are up to date. Is this why I don't get the same playlists on the iPhone and the Mac? And why I can't use Homeshare? And why this doesn't work? I also am not currently paying $10 a month to listen to my own music that I purchased on CDs and have imported into playlists. Is that the other issue?

Mac mini, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 12:39 PM

The article linked above only applies if you have a subscription to Apple Music or iTunes Match. Like the choice of the name Music for the iTunes replacement in Catalina, changing the label for this function from iTunes Music Library to Sync Library merely adds confusion with no apparent benefit. You can still sync your devices to your computer library, although that function is now part of Finder rather than the Music app, because it isn't confusing enough already. See Sync (no, the other one) your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2023 12:39 PM in response to TuckerdogAVL

The article linked above only applies if you have a subscription to Apple Music or iTunes Match. Like the choice of the name Music for the iTunes replacement in Catalina, changing the label for this function from iTunes Music Library to Sync Library merely adds confusion with no apparent benefit. You can still sync your devices to your computer library, although that function is now part of Finder rather than the Music app, because it isn't confusing enough already. See Sync (no, the other one) your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support.

tt2

Does sync>Library exist in macOS Monterey or if you are just using MUSIC to store your own songs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.