Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to prevent iCloud deleting my deleted iMessages?

i have 2 iPhones, one where I deleted the conversation, and the other still has the conversation I want to keep because it didn’t connect to any internet source.

I regretted this, and I am trying to bring them back from a older device. But When the WiFi is turned on they instantly vanish into thin air.

My question straight is, how do I prevent this from happening & get them back on iCloud?

i tried uploading it to iTunes from a pc, and it worked. Except iMessages weren’t uploading on there.

can someone help me with any solution to get them back on the cloud?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 6:21 AM

There is no means to re-populate iCloud Messages with a message previously deleted.

Deletion of messages in iCloud Messages is permanent.

Ten messages, a hundred, whatever, screen shot it. It’s local only, and gone from iCloud.

Absent iOS 16 and its undelete, iCloud Messages syncs the requested deletion.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 6:21 AM in response to Tyrnial

There is no means to re-populate iCloud Messages with a message previously deleted.

Deletion of messages in iCloud Messages is permanent.

Ten messages, a hundred, whatever, screen shot it. It’s local only, and gone from iCloud.

Absent iOS 16 and its undelete, iCloud Messages syncs the requested deletion.

Jan 27, 2023 4:07 PM in response to Tyrnial

Update to iOS 16 for the Messages undelete function.

As for using iCloud Messages, deleting in one place is deleting everywhere.

If you want to preserve a conversation, screenshot it.

Use Messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Messages for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac - Official Apple Support

If an iPhone is not using iCloud Messages, restore a backup. this will revert the entire iPhone to its contents at the time of backup, Messages and Mail and everything else rewinding back. If the iPhone was using iCloud Messages (as appears the case here), then the deleted message (prior to iOS 16) is gone.

Jan 28, 2023 1:17 AM in response to MrHoffman

Hi,

I actually have a backup, but I deleted one conversation I had for over a year this is a this is impossible to screenshot, now this conversation is gone from my iPhone 11 Pro, and icloud.

this conversation is still on my iPhone 7 Plus. The iPhone 7 isn’t connected to the internet. The problem is that when connected to the internet it won’t upload to iCloud but sync it into thin air.

I’ve being trying to find a way to not let this happen and instead get it uploaded back to the cloud.

How to prevent iCloud deleting my deleted iMessages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.