Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot get safari back as my default browser even though it is checked as my default….

I cannot get Safari as my default browser as I had it. It’s checked as my default browser. What to do?

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 9:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 3:17 AM

Ok, I understand the problem is with an iPhone. I will ask the site Hosts to relocate your question to Using iPhone - Apple Community. Until then please determine if the following information is helpful.

In Settings > DuckDuckGo > Default Browser App, Safari does not appear as a choice. Is that correct? In that case please refer to this excerpt from Change the default web browser or email app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support:

"If you delete a web browser app, your device will set Safari as the default browser app. If you delete the Safari app, your device will set one of your other web browser apps as the default. To use the Safari app again, you'll need to reinstall it on your device."

Assuming that information is relevant, first please determine if the Safari app remains on your iPhone or not. Refer to Find your apps in App Library on iPhone - Apple Support.

• If you can find Safari drag it back to the Home Screen as it says.
  • If you cannot find Safari, download it from the App Store by following this link, using DuckDuckGo or any browser, or just by clicking it in this email message: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/safari/id1146562112

Please let me know if this fixes things.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2023 3:17 AM in response to BrooklynFilm

Ok, I understand the problem is with an iPhone. I will ask the site Hosts to relocate your question to Using iPhone - Apple Community. Until then please determine if the following information is helpful.

In Settings > DuckDuckGo > Default Browser App, Safari does not appear as a choice. Is that correct? In that case please refer to this excerpt from Change the default web browser or email app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support:

"If you delete a web browser app, your device will set Safari as the default browser app. If you delete the Safari app, your device will set one of your other web browser apps as the default. To use the Safari app again, you'll need to reinstall it on your device."

Assuming that information is relevant, first please determine if the Safari app remains on your iPhone or not. Refer to Find your apps in App Library on iPhone - Apple Support.

• If you can find Safari drag it back to the Home Screen as it says.
  • If you cannot find Safari, download it from the App Store by following this link, using DuckDuckGo or any browser, or just by clicking it in this email message: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/safari/id1146562112

Please let me know if this fixes things.

Jan 31, 2023 2:46 AM in response to BrooklynFilm

The problem is with my iPhone. In the safari app setting this is set as my default browser and DuckDuckGo ls listed but is not selected. In the DuckDuckGo app setting this is selected to be used

however, there is not a Safari choice to use. Duckduck becomes my browser.

this seems crossed up.

how can I return safari as my choice browser.

my safari default setting is set to use but DuckDuckGo is used instead…fo I need to reload a safari app, but the apple app store reads it will not work in an iPhone…..?

I cannot get safari back as my default browser even though it is checked as my default….

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.