Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgotten Passcode

I have forgotten my Iphone 11 IOS 16.0 passcode, have 3 more attempts left and have no back-up, still, i have acces to my apple Id and password.

Anyone facing the same situation as me that managed to reset or bypass passcode and keep their data? Can i maybe back up the device now? I have backed up my device in the past using itunes, yet currently I have no back up on itunes.

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 12:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 6:41 PM

Unfortunately, it's already too late to back up the iPhone.

When you run out of passcode attempts, the phone will lock you out with an "Unavailable" screen message.

At that point, your only option will be to erase / reset the phone and then set it up again. Data on the phone will be lost.

How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

Painful lesson. Might be a good idea to write down your new passcode and keep it in a safe place. Good idea to back up at least once a week, or use iCloud and back up automatically each day so this will not happen again.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 6:41 PM in response to mateas0830

Unfortunately, it's already too late to back up the iPhone.

When you run out of passcode attempts, the phone will lock you out with an "Unavailable" screen message.

At that point, your only option will be to erase / reset the phone and then set it up again. Data on the phone will be lost.

How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

Painful lesson. Might be a good idea to write down your new passcode and keep it in a safe place. Good idea to back up at least once a week, or use iCloud and back up automatically each day so this will not happen again.

Jan 28, 2023 12:37 AM in response to mateas0830

mateas0830 Said:

"Forgotten Passcode: I have forgotten my Iphone 11 IOS 16.0 passcode, have 3 more attempts left and have no back-up, still, i have acces to my apple Id and password.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting a Locked iPhone:

Seems you have a locked iPhone. So, contact Apple Support. Refer to the following...

Hold It Right There!:

Enter the passcode incorrectly too many times, and you'd likely be locked out for good. So, hold it right there, and refer to this link: If you Forgot the Passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is Disabled - Apple Support. It would be the one you've always entered. If you do not know it, then look for it in a location you may have stored it in.

Being Locked Out...

Have any Proof of Purchase?

Unless you have the original packaging and receipt, you may be out of luck. If you do have it, however, then take this to an Apple Store, or an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider)! and they may be able to restore it. The reason for this blockage is all about Security & Privacy.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :) 

Jan 28, 2023 6:01 PM in response to mateas0830

Troubleshooting a Locked iPhone:

"Seems you have a locked iPhone.: [...]God, I swear I'm going to get icloud and make backups from now on. Thanks for your time&really appreciate your help!"

-------

You are welcome.

Some Notes:

Jan 28, 2023 1:53 AM in response to TheLittles

I have the original packaging and the receipt, and I know my apple id and password, I even know the numbers of the phone passcode, but i seem to have forgotten the right sequence for it. So that means i have a chance of keeping my data after the passcode recovery? Keeping the data is the most important thing, since I have memories that unfortunately are stored on the phone exclusively.

God, I swear I'm going to get icloud and make backups from now on. Thanks for your time&really appreciate your help!

Forgotten Passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.