Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't refine home location on Apple maps

Apple Maps doesn't have most house numbers in Indonesia.

So, the pin for my home address is always placed wrongly.

The option to refine (move) the pin does not work for the "home" location. It only works for manually set pins.

If I could edit the coordinates it would help, but that's as well not possible.

I have tried to move the "home" location with iPhone, iPad and Mac, but doesn't work.

So I think this is an issue in the Maps-App. But I can't choose Maps-App as a topic in this forum.

This results in location based reminders being unusable and so on.

This error is persistent since at least 2019.

MacBook Air (M2)

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 2:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 6:27 AM

Thank you for Sharing the above images

None the less - if the user believes there existing a flaw in the Apple Map Application or in the Apple Service that drives the Apple Map Application >>

Suggest you refer back to suggestion from learned colleague @ dialabrain and Report this issue in their provided Link.

Just incase it was over looked - here it is again

Link below

Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing issue 

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 6:27 AM in response to EasyKoni

Thank you for Sharing the above images

None the less - if the user believes there existing a flaw in the Apple Map Application or in the Apple Service that drives the Apple Map Application >>

Suggest you refer back to suggestion from learned colleague @ dialabrain and Report this issue in their provided Link.

Just incase it was over looked - here it is again

Link below

Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing issue 

Jan 28, 2023 4:58 AM in response to EasyKoni

To show the error I have made a screenshot collection while taking the following steps:

1. I deleted my home address in AddressBook
  2. I set a pin on the map and marked it as a favorite
  3. I set that fave Pin as my home address
  4. Updated address book
  5. Pin is still there, marked as a favorite and hasn't moved
  6. Search for "home" and choose the blue house icon what should be my home
  7. Info popup opens with my home Location wrong
  8. Choosing "Refine Location" and nothing happens

I made this example with a random pin and not my actual home...

Jan 28, 2023 2:28 AM in response to EasyKoni

I live in Canada and my Home Location is very correct.

I am connecting to the Internet over a Wifi signal and not using an Ethernet cable to router

Though, the actual street number of our Condo does not get presented

Suggest using the link below to determine just how accurate your location is and compare to Apple Map Application

https://www.geolocation.com/

Jan 28, 2023 4:33 AM in response to EasyKoni

EasyKoni wrote:

That's interesting!
Apple determines my home location through the address I entered in the address book on my contact.
Since house numbers aren't available on Apple Maps in Indonesia the pin just goes to the middle of the street.
How did you give Apple Maps your home location?

I even updated OpenStreetMap with house numbers and all other details. But that didn't help either.

That is partially accurate but the important factor is the method of connection to Internet

Use Wifi and maybe also Bluetooth in tandem, the ISP Provider will give a more accurate location.

When I use https://www.openstreetmap.org/ and refer to image below

It, https://www.openstreetmap.org/ is even Less Accurate that the other two method already supplied.

EDITED to redact some Location Names for personal reasons.

Jan 28, 2023 3:48 AM in response to PRP_53

That's interesting!

Apple determines my home location through the address I entered in the address book on my contact.

Since house numbers aren't available on Apple Maps in Indonesia the pin just goes to the middle of the street.

How did you give Apple Maps your home location?

I even updated OpenStreetMap with house numbers and all other details. But that didn't help either.

Can't refine home location on Apple maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.