Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot change Date and Time

I upgraded to Ventura 13.2 (22D49) and now my location is fixed to Cupertino, CA in date and time. Under location it is set to South Africa but I cannot change it in Date and Time so now I have only incorrect date and time on my laptop.

How do I fix this please?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 2:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 4:54 AM

Type a different city into the "Closest city " field, don't just use the drop down menu. You can use the drop-down menu "closest city" to change to a city not on the list. The timezone on my Mac seemed to be locked to Central Europe, but when I typed "Toronto" or "Kapstadt" into the field with the suggested closest cities, my Mac asked for a password to unlock the Date&Time and I could switch the timezone to a different city, also ro South Africa.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 4:54 AM in response to Parceeval

Type a different city into the "Closest city " field, don't just use the drop down menu. You can use the drop-down menu "closest city" to change to a city not on the list. The timezone on my Mac seemed to be locked to Central Europe, but when I typed "Toronto" or "Kapstadt" into the field with the suggested closest cities, my Mac asked for a password to unlock the Date&Time and I could switch the timezone to a different city, also ro South Africa.

Jan 28, 2023 3:34 AM in response to Parceeval

- Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading. It will only load the Minimum amount of Core Apple Processes to allow the the computer to function at a reduced Level of Performance 

3 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

4 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

Cannot change Date and Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.