Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV says I have to buy the media when I own it

Why does Apple TV ask if I want to buy the tv series that I already paid for like I don’t own it? I’m watching a tv show which I bought from apple the complete series and when I’m on the let’s just say season 4 episode 8 towards the end of the episode right before it’s suppose to go the next episode automatically it’ll say would you like to purchase this show or subscribe to paramount plus so I go to my Apple TV library and have to look through all the episodes to find the next episode after I select the next episode and watch it towards the end it tells me again would you like to subscribe to paramount plus or buy this episode and again I have to back out find it in the library and repeat the same process. did I do something wrong ? Is apple losing the license to the show one of the shows is called every body loves Raymond i don’t understand why this is suddenly happening

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 11:45 AM

Verify that the Apple TV app is still set to get your episodes from the intended content provider. Some users have seen that the Apple TV app gets confused under certain circumstances for this setting.

1. Go to the main show Details page for this show on the Apple TV app. Then scroll down to How to Watch, then see which content provider is highlighted. If an unintended option is highlighted, then select a different one.
  2. Else remove the show from Up Next (click-and-hold, then select a contextual option), and re-add it again from your Library.
  3. If the issue persists after that, then contact the Apple Support staff about it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 11:45 AM in response to N1ck87

Verify that the Apple TV app is still set to get your episodes from the intended content provider. Some users have seen that the Apple TV app gets confused under certain circumstances for this setting.

1. Go to the main show Details page for this show on the Apple TV app. Then scroll down to How to Watch, then see which content provider is highlighted. If an unintended option is highlighted, then select a different one.
  2. Else remove the show from Up Next (click-and-hold, then select a contextual option), and re-add it again from your Library.
  3. If the issue persists after that, then contact the Apple Support staff about it.

Apple TV says I have to buy the media when I own it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.