Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes app has become agonising slow and all but unusable

I have a MacBook Pro with an M1 Max chip and Ventura 13.1. in the last week or so the Notes App has become incredibly slow... often 3-4 seconds lag between typing and seeing the results on the screen... sometimes even longer and have to force quit. To my knowledge nothing else had changed on my machine. ... While writing this I checked for updates, and so I updated now to Ventura 13.2... . Immediately after restarting I tried Notes and it worked great... for about one minute and then slooooweeeeddddd down again.

In searching this forum I found a number of similar questions but they are old and apply to MacOS 10.x so I thought I'd ask for any advice again

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 6:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 7:01 AM

Try UnTicking the Only the Notes Application from syncing to iCloud.

Personally, suggest re-starting the computer and pause.

Revise the previous / Enable Sync again and then Test ( the Object is to try a Forced re-Sync )

Still Issues

Sign Out of iCloud completely and restart again - is a pain but maybe will work.

Once restarted , sign back into iCloud and test again.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 7:01 AM in response to Dave W RI

Try UnTicking the Only the Notes Application from syncing to iCloud.

Personally, suggest re-starting the computer and pause.

Revise the previous / Enable Sync again and then Test ( the Object is to try a Forced re-Sync )

Still Issues

Sign Out of iCloud completely and restart again - is a pain but maybe will work.

Once restarted , sign back into iCloud and test again.

Notes app has become agonising slow and all but unusable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.