Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have two apple id’s I want to delete one How can I do this?

I have 2 Apple ID’s. How do I delete one?

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 9:36 AM

Delete from where? Or for what purpose?

If you want to completely erase the Apple ID from existence entirely follow the steps here ➡️ How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Make sure you sign out of the Apple ID on any devices there are logged in to it, before having it deleted by Apple as otherwise the devices will become unusable. Also note, that all app downloads and content purchases are tied to the Apple ID that made them. Apps will not be able to be updated once their associated Apple ID is deleted and will need to be deleted, and content like Movies and Tv Shows purchased with the deleted Apple ID will no longer play.

Also, once deleted, the Apple ID cannot be recovered or restored. Make absolutely sure this is what you want to do, as there is no going back.

If you just want to sign out of the Apple ID from a device, then go to the 4 places an Apple ID is signed in on an Apple device, and choose to sign out.

Settings ➜ Account (top of settings) ➜ Scroll to the bottom to Sign out.

Settings ➜ Account ➜ Media and Purchases ➜ Sign Out

Settings ➜ Messages ➜ Send & Receive ➜ Apple ID ➜ Sign out

Settings ➜ FaceTime ➜ Caller ID ➜ Apple ID ➜ Sign out.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 9:36 AM in response to Nanabanana4

Delete from where? Or for what purpose?

If you want to completely erase the Apple ID from existence entirely follow the steps here ➡️ How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Make sure you sign out of the Apple ID on any devices there are logged in to it, before having it deleted by Apple as otherwise the devices will become unusable. Also note, that all app downloads and content purchases are tied to the Apple ID that made them. Apps will not be able to be updated once their associated Apple ID is deleted and will need to be deleted, and content like Movies and Tv Shows purchased with the deleted Apple ID will no longer play.

Also, once deleted, the Apple ID cannot be recovered or restored. Make absolutely sure this is what you want to do, as there is no going back.

If you just want to sign out of the Apple ID from a device, then go to the 4 places an Apple ID is signed in on an Apple device, and choose to sign out.

Settings ➜ Account (top of settings) ➜ Scroll to the bottom to Sign out.

Settings ➜ Account ➜ Media and Purchases ➜ Sign Out

Settings ➜ Messages ➜ Send & Receive ➜ Apple ID ➜ Sign out

Settings ➜ FaceTime ➜ Caller ID ➜ Apple ID ➜ Sign out.

I have two apple id’s I want to delete one How can I do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.