Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch Apple ID needs changed. I have tried everything.

My Apple watch, Series 3, has my old Apple ID connected to it. I need to update it and I have tried everything I can think of. It allows me to go in an change it but it reverts back everytime I try to sink it with my phone. Can anyone help?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 9:54 AM

I would recommend that you double check the it's up to date with watchOS version 8.7.1 and update it to that first, if you can.

Then, I'd recommend doing a factory reset on it. You'll be given the opportunity to put in your new Apple ID as you set it up.

You'll need to know your old credentials to get into it, because it will likely be activation locked after the reset.

I think that you're going to need to read this article:

How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

And this one (select watchOS 8):

Erase Apple Watch - Apple Support

Please let us know if you need more help ;-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 9:54 AM in response to MiMiLongbrake

I would recommend that you double check the it's up to date with watchOS version 8.7.1 and update it to that first, if you can.

Then, I'd recommend doing a factory reset on it. You'll be given the opportunity to put in your new Apple ID as you set it up.

You'll need to know your old credentials to get into it, because it will likely be activation locked after the reset.

I think that you're going to need to read this article:

How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

And this one (select watchOS 8):

Erase Apple Watch - Apple Support

Please let us know if you need more help ;-)

Watch Apple ID needs changed. I have tried everything.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.