Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing cursor in Pages when you don't have mouse

It frequently happens that I am unable to go up to the previous page in Pages without a Mouse because the cursor is missing on the side.

It happens in Facebook Messenger too. Never on iPhone only in Macbook Air. How to solve this issue? I wouldn't use a mouse otherwise.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 11:43 PM

Hi BB,

Not an issue that I've run into with my current MacBook Pro, or with the one before that. Not certain, but I think the current one has not yet had a mouse attached to it.

The trackpad in the space between you and the keyboard of your MacBook Air should provide all the services available from a mouse. See the TrackPad section of System Preferences for instruction on these features and how to use them.

Scrolling up to a previous page can be done with these actions:

• touch one finger to the pad, then slide it toward the right side of the page.

You should see a vertical cursor with splayed ends and a short horizontal line crossing the middle of the vertical line.

When you drag it out of the text area, the cursor should change to an arrow.

• Drag the arrow to the vertical bar at the right of the screen.
  • With the point of the arrow on the bar, use your thumb to press near a bottom corner of the pad, and with it pressed, use a finger to drag the bar upward to scroll toward the top of the document.
  • When you get to where you want to go, lift your hand to release the pad, and leave the page where you want it.

Regards,

Barry

PS: You can also scroll up and down the document using a two finger sweep to 'pull' the document in the direction you want it to go.

B.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 11:43 PM in response to BB5900

Hi BB,

Not an issue that I've run into with my current MacBook Pro, or with the one before that. Not certain, but I think the current one has not yet had a mouse attached to it.

The trackpad in the space between you and the keyboard of your MacBook Air should provide all the services available from a mouse. See the TrackPad section of System Preferences for instruction on these features and how to use them.

Scrolling up to a previous page can be done with these actions:

• touch one finger to the pad, then slide it toward the right side of the page.

You should see a vertical cursor with splayed ends and a short horizontal line crossing the middle of the vertical line.

When you drag it out of the text area, the cursor should change to an arrow.

• Drag the arrow to the vertical bar at the right of the screen.
  • With the point of the arrow on the bar, use your thumb to press near a bottom corner of the pad, and with it pressed, use a finger to drag the bar upward to scroll toward the top of the document.
  • When you get to where you want to go, lift your hand to release the pad, and leave the page where you want it.

Regards,

Barry

PS: You can also scroll up and down the document using a two finger sweep to 'pull' the document in the direction you want it to go.

B.

Missing cursor in Pages when you don't have mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.