Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

extending screen time

I have gone into settings, display & brightness, then auto lock but the auto lock is blacked out so I can't click on it and extend the screen time. How do I open the auto lock?

iPad Pro, iOS 11

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 1:38 PM

Hello marie138,

Just to clarify, it seems like you want to change settings to keep the iPad display on longer, is that correct? If so, please check out this link, which will guide you through how to adjust those settings: Set a passcode on iPad

Change when iPad automatically locks
Go to Settings  > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock, then set a length of time.
The Auto-Lock screen, with settings for the length of time before iPad automatically locks.

If you're unable make changes to your device settings, let's check if restrictions are enabled that may be contributing to that behavior. This link explains how to check for, and manage restrictions, and may help: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Thanks!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2023 1:38 PM in response to marie138

Hello marie138,

Just to clarify, it seems like you want to change settings to keep the iPad display on longer, is that correct? If so, please check out this link, which will guide you through how to adjust those settings: Set a passcode on iPad

Change when iPad automatically locks
Go to Settings  > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock, then set a length of time.
The Auto-Lock screen, with settings for the length of time before iPad automatically locks.

If you're unable make changes to your device settings, let's check if restrictions are enabled that may be contributing to that behavior. This link explains how to check for, and manage restrictions, and may help: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Thanks!

extending screen time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.